WOW- it's good to hear from you Mooze! I love hearing about the happenings of the lives of my siblings. Thanks for writing. Best of luck to all you girlsies with school! I couldn't believe it when I read that it has already started.
This week we started teaching a girl named Tamaki Yuria. She's 25, and she's studying chemistry in college. She's such a funny person - she is unbelievably skinny, and has these huge 80's glasses. I really love her. Her family doesn't believe in anything at all - they aren't Christian, Buddhist, or Atheist... they have no religious beliefs. She has heard Jesus Christ's name, and said she had heard about Moses when we talked about prophets, but that’s it. She's never read the bible or gone to a church. It's pretty neat to think that we are completely starting from scratch with her. Most people at least have some pre-conceived notion of religion in general, but not so much with her. I don't know what we did to earn the opportunity to be the ones who get to tell her about this wonderful gospel, but I am excited.
Also, tonight we have an investigator named Sano Chieko who is coming to FHE that we are also really excited about. We met her on the street two weeks ago and the following weekend she came to church. When she first walked up the church that Sunday I mistook her for a member. She had on a nice blouse and skirt and already looked like she fit right in. She has a heart condition and wasn't feeling well last week so we've been looking forward to tonight.
Also, I told you about Sumire I think. She's the girls who is 18 and called us. Well, she's moving back in with her parents who aren't in our area. She still wants to meet with us and learn the gospel she said, but admitted that she likes meeting with the missionaries more than she actually likes talking about the church... maybe a new set of missionaries in her home area would be a good thing.
The pictures I attached are just some we took since it's a new transfer. We made fliers with them and handed them out to our wards.
I can't think of a lot else worth saying about things going on here - oh, last night I killed a cockroach. Oh and Mom, I LOVE the CD you sent me for my birthday! Thank you!
As I type I'm going back over all the letters and DE's I've received lately - there are always so many and I wish I could comment on all the things you have been involved it! I love hearing about things at home. Dad I always love the PS notes you add at the end. Thanks for those. : )
This week I got a PACKAGE from Nancy Cox! I'll write back to her soon, but be sure to tell her thanks for me.
Well, gotta go. Love you all!!!
-Waite Shimai
-Waite Shimai
PS- one more time, Hannah, I just can't tell you how great it was to hear from you. And especially to hear about Trek, I will be thinking about that all week long.
No comments:
Post a Comment